The heat exchanger plug engineers at HEPCO are proud to announce their newest product line, * Plug and Track Tube Indicators. This color coded system of plugging provides technicians visual indication of patterns of tube failures within a condenser or heat exchanger. Plant Personnel and subcontractors alike benefit from the improved efficiency of predicting future failures and determining root causes.
Using our Color coding system, a specific problem can then be readily identified and the same system can be applied to other heat exchangers/condensers within the same Plant. This Company-wide standardization can help streamline communication between personnel.
They can be used for a wide range common problems, from wall loss to pitting to obstructions.
Establish a visual indication map on the tube sheet, whereby you can easily determine:
- Where wall loss is occurring – use the system to mark wall loss by using the different colors – For example; Red >75%, Green 50-75%, Yellow <50% etc.
- Which tubes have a full length rod inserted (to prevent mechanical impact damage)
- Which tubes were found with thru wall failures.
- Which tubes were preventatively plugged due to obstruction.
- Which tubes need to have further testing Our HEPCO “Plug and Track” tube plugs are easily extracted, causing no damage to tube or tubesheet, to allow for retesting of the tubes during future outages. The tubes can then be easily reclassified and help predict rates of future failures.