To install HEPCO silicone condenser tube plugs
1. Make sure the tube is free of excess debris at the opening. (wipe with rag if necessary)
2. You may need to tighten plug slightly before installing to get a snug fit. Alternatively, you may need to loosen nut and stretch silicone to fit.
3. Insert tube plug all the way into tube until the collar comes to rest on the tube sheet.
4. Holding the collar in place, use HEPCO pre-set torque wrench and torque down hex head nut.
5. Plug is securely fastened when torque wrench “clicks” once.
*If you are using your own torque wrench make sure you have torqued the plug to:
33 in. lbs. for Large Plug Sizes 7/8″-1 1/4″
17 in. lbs. for Small Plug Sizes 5/8″-3/4″